Sign in to follow this  
Mikell

Going Crankin!

I plan on going crankin today after work, the water is clear with green, visibility is down to about 5-6 ft in some areas algae/grass alllllll in it. It has pockets of no grass which i know can hold bass as well. I plan on throwing shallow to mid square bills and maybe a lipless or two

Any tips or tricks yall can share to help a beginner in crankin?

I fish from the bank, and I normally have pretty good success with running a squarebill parallel to the bank. Let it tick against the rocks as your reeling in.

Read this thread.  An old one but worth its weight in gold.  Bookmark it!

http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/topic/72766-a-rare-insight-into-crankbait-fishing/

Man that lake i went to yesterday is horrible for crankin too much algae it was EVERYWHERE i even tried ripppin lipless it just didnt work lol

Yeah, I'd only use a lip less crank in that scenario but it wouldn't be my first choice of lures. Depending on the rod you used you may need a slightly faster tip for better ripping out of the weeds.

Read this thread.  An old one but worth its weight in gold.  Bookmark it!

http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/topic/72766-a-rare-insight-into-crankbait-fishing/

This is one of the best threads I've ever read!!

It's marked

Thanks

Mike

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd only use a lip less crank in that scenario but it wouldn't be my first choice of lures. Depending on the rod you used you may need a slightly faster tip for better ripping out of the weeds.

yeah ive got a powell diesel glass i was usin MMF and it seemed a lil weak for rippin lipless and even it was getting stuck in the algae part it was thick lol i like this pond for finesse fishing or slow rollin a spinner bait over the weeds that arent covered with algae lol all my fish have been caught on plastic worms or craw type baits lightly weighted