Sign in to follow this  
Big Fish Small Pond

Where Do You Guys Purchase Your Yo-Zuri Hybrid Fishing Line?

Where Do You Guys Purchase Your Yo-Zuri Hybrid Fishing Line?

I figure probably an online site like *** or maybe a BPS or such, just figured I should find a credible source of what seems to be very good and very popular fishing line.

Keep in mind I have not used this line myself, so feel free to explain or list, in your opinion, why this line is better.

I buy from TW. Make sure to get some KVD line and lure for it. Spray it on the night before and you're good to go the next day. This line has very high breaking strength. I wrapped a tree branch around my line when I got hung up like I do with braid, and pulled my lure free. 

I got mine on eBay. It's pretty darn cheap. And yes, as mentioned above, it's great line, but made even better by KVD L&L

Here in Florida alot of tackle shops sell the 600 yard spools that usually retail for $20 or so for $5.99-$7.99 and that includes the new ultra soft hybrid and the older fused hybrid line as the new soft hybrid is not as good imo and it says on the spool-FOR SPINNING REELS.

If you search online for deals on Hybrid I have seen 600 yd spools on sale from legit websites for $4.99 and on Ebay you can usually find it with free shipping for $9.99 which is a good price since you don't need to change Hybrid as often as Nylon Monofilament since it is UV resistant but as mentioned above, it has alot of memory, and many guys think this line is a fluorocarbon but it is simply a Copoly only instead of coating the Nylon with Fluorine, Yo-zuri uses a process of fusing both Nylon and FLuorine together to make it a bit different (not sure if I buy the entire "Fused" vs. coated pitch but it is one of the strongest lines if looking at lb test only)

Keep this in mind, and the yo-zuri website has a chart that breaks it down so I am doing this froom memory as I have been fishing Hybrid for years and used to sell it when working at a fishing shop where it was very popular especially for the Saltwater guys who liked having 30lb test with a 41lb breaking strengh in smoke color....

6lb test is rated 10.8lb test so the line is much thicker than what you are used to using, so if you use trilene xl or regular Stren Original 6lb test, Hybrid #6 is going to be like fishing 10lb test when looking at diameter...I like to use #4 on spinning gear which is roughly 8lb breaking strength and #10 or #15 on casting gear which will give 16.8 and 21.2 but I could be a bit off. I don't see the point of buying 8lb or 12lb and a few others as when you look at the chart 12lb breaks at .2 higher or something similar so why use thicker line unless you are getting alot more tradeoff...I do keep #20 in my bag at all times in clear, and if I am not getting bit on braid while flipping, or if I need a line that I know is not going to break and is abrasion resistant, I will use #20 and you are getting 31lbs of breaking power but don't expect to chuck lures really far, but I have pulled in fish with 20lb of weeds on them with the 10lb test so that is my go to line for spinnerbaits and topwaters......Hope that helps, but it is a great line for the money, but does have alot of memory which many do not like, but like all lines, you have trade offs..I like knowing I can tie a quick Improved Clinch knot, or Splice it on braid for a leader in a hurry and it won't slip or break....

I buy 600 yard spools off eBay from highly reputable sellers (99.7% and up).

I used to get it at sports authority. Now I have to order it from TW or eBay.

Thought I saw some in a bulk spool at Walmart for about $17