Sign in to follow this  
ImClay

Need Help

I've been doing some research but in still not sure about a good flipping and pitching stick.

I've come to think a 7' Medium Heavy is what I should use. Can y'all tell me if that sounds right...

Thanks I appreciate it!

I would suggest a 7'3" H for pitching and light flipping.  If you're wanting a MH I would go to a 7'6". If you get to the point where you want a dedicatied flip/pitch rod for heavier cover, I'd look into a 7'10 - 7'11 H.  The longer rod will help move the fish out of the cover a bit quicker.

If your pitching into only moderately thick stuff then a MH would be fine but I'm assuming when you say you wanna flip that you mean you wanna flip the thick stuff, so I would go with a Heavy as well...

Not all MHs are created equal.  I have a 7'6" MH Villian that acts like a broomstick with the 3/8 oz. lures that it is rated for on its lower end.  It is the only rod I've bought that I would be willing to sell.  I simply don't have a need for a rod like this one.

I like 76 heavy for flipping. My preferred rod is rated up to two ounces. I think for pitching though you could get away with a shorter rod. It really depends on the cover you are fishing. Hope this helps.