Sign in to follow this  
jonathan627

Any Personal Reviews On Quantum Smoke Rods?

Hi guys, I was just hoping to get some personal opinions or reviews on the Quantum Smoke rods.  I recently picked up a 6'6 M marked down to 98 from 150 and haven't had a chance to use it yet.  They had a couple more in bigger sizes/actions, might add them to my xmas list.  It's my first rod with micro guides and feels super lightweight.  I'm new to the micro guides, do you guys feel it makes the rod more sensitive?  It seems like it will be a great lighter soft plastic rod.  I don't really have my ideal reel for it yet, but did have an older Revo to put on it.  Can't wait to try it out, just a bad time of year to get new stuff lol.  Thanks

Jonathan

• Like 1

Seriously doubt you are going to get one review much less several.  Quantum rods are a no-no around here.  I bought a Smoke 7' MF casting rod recently.  Basically it has only been out twice, and that was for practice as the reel I put on it was one I had just received.  However, I can tell you that I purchased it based on the opinions of a couple guys I trust.  Both thought it was a super nice rod for the money.....light and well built.  I can agree with that.

Care to pass along where the Smoke can be gotten for that price?  I need another rod like I need another hole in the head, but at that price I'd be mightily tempted....unless they want to add $20 for shipping.  You can get them for $119 from TW with free shipping.

• Like 1

Ouch, I didn't realize they were not so well liked!  I admit, I didn't do much research on it, just an impulse buy from handling it and the price.  It was at my local Cabela's, looks like they're being moved out.  Well, I may still end up loving it.  I appreciate your feedback sir!

The Smoke is a nice looking rod.  I expect mine to be very versatile from what my friends had to say about theirs.  I also have a couple other Quantums.  Both are 6'10" HF casting rods.  One is a Tour Edition and the other a Superlite.  I've had these a couple years and can tell you I like them a lot.  Don't have a lot of use for a Heavy locally, but they handle weights on the low end of their rating pretty good.  When I got my Trion back from DVT, I spooled it with 17# mono, mounted it on the Tour Edition, tied on a 1/2 oz. jig with 3-1/2 inch Mr. Twister, and proceeded to bomb the combination.

Personally I feel many people have a prejudice against Quantum rods because they feel their products are inferior.  My Quantums are good at full price and exceptional for the price I paid.  I think others would agree if they kept an open mind.  The rods are well built, plenty sensitive, and in the case of the Smoke, very light.  So although a Heavy rod isn't needed much locally, I keep taking mine out anyway.  I enjoy using them.  :teeth:

I have a Quantum Smoke 7'MH-F and it is 3.76oz in weight and incredible strong. I keep an open mind when getting rods, the Smoke rod I have has given fits to a good fishing buddy who hates Quantum anything with a passion. He reluctantly used my rod for a half day on the water and when he gave it back to me he cussed me out because he could not find fault with it. I'm not brand loyal except for my trucks, I drive Rams and that is all but fishing rods you may say I'm bias toward Fenwick, I was impressed and still continue to be impressed but the actions, weights and everything else really fits my fishing, I was lucky to find a production rod like that but I still look at others and get to use a bunch because my friends all have varied taste. If you have no preconceived notion of the rod I'll bet you will like it, just about everyone does like it as it is a solid rod and on sale it is a steal so enjoy the rod and catch some fish.

• Like 1

X2 with smalljaw67 comments.

I get different brands as well but when I got my 7M/F Smoke rod it impressed me the most of any rod I have bought in the past 5 years. This includes cumara, elite, LTB, ***, carbonlite, veritas, bucoo. Its the only rod Ive ever bought duplicate of and soon to triple it. Weight power balance action very good sensitivity at great price now. 

Another person recently got the 6'6" smoke and says he's impressed and has a bunch of different brands 3rd paragraph in post here:  http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/topic/40660-show-off-your-stuff/page-99#entry1607832

You mentioned about these rods being moved out,yes because a new smoke rod is on the way :eyebrows:

• Like 1

I used quantum boron rods & plenty other models in 25 years... They do make a decent stix at the price, reels? Not so much...

So as far as the smoke series I'll pass my true judgement on to u guys Sunday when I go to the jetties here buying a 7 ft rod and the smc4 tomorrow and u better believe I'm going to put them both to the test of an avid angler going for several species red fish flounder sheephead and speckle trout and black drum so look for my up date .Because if this set up can't hold up for how I fish then u will know .And trust me it will be blunt .Getting a good deal on it willing to see if it's worthy of becoming apart of my rod and reel set ups .tight lines.team fcmf.