Sign in to follow this  
atcoha

2Nd Trip...0-2

So I hit up a lake I went to a few weeks ago that has produced some bonafide lunkers for people. 12 and 13# fish have been caught there within the past year.

My last trip, my son caught a single dink on a wiggler. Nothing for me. Later in the day, a couple guys caught a 3,4 and 7.9# fish. Saw it posted on their facebook page. Figured I would go back and try again. I knew this cold front was coming, but was showing overcast and light wind...turned out to be a great day weather wise.

The shad were everywhere, busting the surface, but not like the bass were chasing them or in a feeding frenzy...Just schools everywhere breaking the surface. We tried everything I had in the box. I got a single bite on a small senko, but did not hook up,  saw a couple big bass, that we spooked in less than 2' of water.

Tough day, and very frustrating we could not get a bite. I would have bet $ the bass would have hit a white shad swim bait, but I would have lost that bet.

Was hoping to hook up before this big cold front blows in later in the week...Some days, I just don't understand. Guess the bass were not in the feeding mood?