DylanD arkansas fish89

Anyone Fishing In Mississippi?

Lived here two months and haven't caught a single bass, don't know what to do.

hey man.. my brother and I fish south ms from gulfport to hattiesburg almost daily. we like lakes and resivors preferably but about 5 or 6 weeks ago we went from averaging 10 bass a trip to 1 or 2 bass now.. all of pat harrison waterways drain their lakes this time of year and it just makes catching fish really hard it seems.. as far as river fishing or saltwater I do not have much knowledge, we go maybe once a month but i personally have never cared for rivers as much as i enjoy ponds and lakes.. In the last 4 weeks we have hit flint creek, paul b johnson, black creek, perry lake, robinwood lake and a few others. the only place we caught an abundance was at robinwood in saucier. all the others are pat harrison waterways and theyve been draining and the fish went on vaca i reckon.. we are going to try flint creek again tomorrow and see. most people from around here say they never have luck at flint creek but we always seem to  enjoy there the best and we catch fish so i dunno. anyhow what part of MS are you in?

d**n that's blows, I live a mile away from ross barnett reservoir,I dint have have a boat so without it it's hard to fish it. I just moved here from Arkansas so new area to me so it's gonna take some time to get used to it

I hit up dreamstrike up in lucedale once in awhile. Last trip weekend before last was not good, right when that cold front was blowing through, and was windy. I have had some really good days there. It's private and not free, has a boat for rent also. I will probably hit it one more time before the cold weather is here for good. 

Shore fishing can be very difficult.

Anyway you can invest in a kayak and a hauler on top of your car/SUV/truck?

Mississippi has many great bodies of water to fish as does Louisiana and Alabama.

You may also try to join a local bass fishing club to learn the waters; where to launch your future boat; and how to fish the geographical area.