Sign in to follow this  
bass1980

Sub 20 Degrees, No Problem.

Was a slow day but 5 very quality fish. Farewell to my Steez with a SV spool. Was great the 2 times I used it.

2lb 5 oz

3lb

3lb 1oz

3lb 5 oz

3lb 15oz (technically 4lb 1oz but picture was taken when he shook :) )

20141108_095756.jpg

20141108_095700.jpg

20141108_100628.jpg

20141108_105525.jpg

20141108_105522.jpg

• Like 1

Ugh, that's a tough pill to swallow. It just gives you a good excuse to keep your eyes open over the winter for some good deals :-D

You smoked em from the bank. Is that a river bank? What lure and presentation caught those smallies?

Yes river. This area stays open sometimes year round but last winter was very cold and it froze up in Jan. I used live bait lol. They are very picky this time of the year. Drop shot 1/4 oz weight and let it flow with current. These river smallies fight like a tank. The 4lb smallie I thought I accidentally caught a carp! Love smallie because unlike LMB they fight until the end.

And yes its on bank but really you need to wade. To get to spots you need to walk on knee high water and some spots you are in the water.

Very nice smallies!  Have you tried using jerkbaits in that spot?  I think you made the right move with the reel.  you could have three revo s 's for one steeze and have enough left to put line on all of them!  Or you could  buy a few Curados.  I'll fish a  revo s from boat over a steeze from the bank every day of the week!