okbassguy

Quantum Exo Owners!!

I think quantum seems to get overlooked or even downplayed on this forum sometimes. They have some big name people using and endorsing their products though, and my experience with the few quantum reels that I have owned (save for the really cheap one I got from walmart once) has been unbelievably positive. Most of the customer reviews i have read have been positive too. I'd say compare it to others and pull the trigger if you think it feels good in your hands.

I demoed a Quantum 100 EXO and LOVED it!  It took about an hour to get used to it and dialed in, but after that, moon shot casts. Incredibly smooth, powerful, quiet.  

I do not own one, $250 is a little steep for me because I do not get to fish as much as I want, but that is a super reel!

The reel seat on the Exo's has rivets in it and after a while they become loose and then the reel will fall off of the rod. I personally do not like the ACS system that Quantum uses but the Exo reel doesn't have that. Really the only problem I know of on that reel is the rivets. My fishing partner bought one and he returned it shorty after because of the rivets falling out, he replaced it and soon had the same problem, he then traded it for a Shimano reel and never looked back.  I think it is a good reel except for that problem but it is a very big problem so I couldn't see buying one for the price they cost with rivets in the reel seat.