Sign in to follow this  
Saluki91

Western Erie & Pelee Island...?

Greetings!  I'm new to the board... I hope this is in the right forum.

My group of malcontents and misfits will be fishing western Erie and Pelee Island during the first week of June.  While we have fished this water before, we have never been there that early (usually fall or July).

I would really appreciate any tips re. tackle and techniques.  Is that a soft craw season?  Drop shot?  Tubes/Gobies?  Swim baits?  Cranks?  Spinner baits?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

Tight Lines!

Greetings!  I'm new to the board... I hope this is in the right forum.

My group of malcontents and misfits will be fishing western Erie and Pelee Island during the first week of June.  While we have fished this water before, we have never been there that early (usually fall or July).

I would really appreciate any tips re. tackle and techniques.  Is that a soft craw season?  Drop shot?  Tubes/Gobies?  Swim baits?  Cranks?  Spinner baits?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

Tight Lines!

Just a heads up, I'm pretty sure on the Canada side (Pelee Island) bass is not in season until the 4th Saturday of June. So you can't target bass. 

Just a heads up, I'm pretty sure on the Canada side (Pelee Island) bass is not in season until the 4th Saturday of June. So you can't target bass.

Thanks - I guess that will limit our time on the Canadian side!

if you go for bass you can catch and release and every year is different depending on the climate. last year they erie fishing kinda sucked the weather had the smallmouths way behind. usually they are spawning in early june so wind protected bays and shallow sand/gravel bars are key. tubes are my go to for the smallmouths during early june. if i believe they are done spawning and moving out i target fish on my graph with a dropshot.