Sign in to follow this  
walkerd17

Daiwa Laguna 100H Reel/aird 662 Mhxb Rod

I was wondering on getting the Daiwa Laguna 100H Reel/Aird 662 MHXB Rod. A MH 6'6 extra fast rod and the laguna reel 6:3:1 gear ratio. I was wondering if the combo is a good deal and if this is a good brand for freshwater pond, lake, and river. 

Thank You

I just picked up the same reel on clearance for 25.00. It seems like a decent reel. As far as the rod,i cant help you. But a rod in that length will be a good all around rod for you.I dont know what the combos cost,but the silver lagunas are now coming in green. Silver discontinued. Might want to check out Berkley Shock Rods 6.6in nice rods,and wont kill the wallet?

The combo is $ dollars and yes they are discontinuing the product but they are selling the last ones until they are gone, so what do you think about the product on whether to get or not to get? 

I would look for something a little better IMO. I think a solid reel would be the new Aird or a Lew's SS. Also, a Tatula is an option, albeit slightly more pricey. Any Berkley rod is a good rod, but the 6'6" Lightning Rod is a good rod. Can be had for $40 new, and I find then used locally for $25, actually I bought two of three used I saw at that price.