Sign in to follow this  
travis23

Dobyns Glass 705Cbmf Vs. 705Cb

Who can tell me the differences in the two? Obviously the mf is a M/F action, but which do you prefer and for which technique. I was wanting the 705cb and instead snagged a 705cbmf off the flea for decent price. I intended this to be for square bills mainly. Anyways just wanted a little info on the two. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have the cb and no experience with the other models. However, I found when doing my research into which rod would best suit me, people's decision seemed to come down to personal preference. It was about a 50-50 split on the same techniques. I'm sure others will chime in, but my recommendation would be to see if you like it, and if not go for one of the others.

I'll do my best to answer this, number one I wanna say I haven't spent too much time with the glass rods but I use the 705cb, 704cb, 804cb and 806cb a lot.  A lot of this is going to be paraphrasing information, but the information is true.

The 705cb glass is fast(er) than most glass rods (including the 705cbmf), to me, it has a faster tip (not like graphite) that helps with casting and working baits but still gives you the feeling once you hook a fish and all the give as they call it that you get with a glass rod.  The 705cbmf glass performs and feels (aside from being much lighter) like a more traditional glass rod.  The whole "blank bends to the foregrip" feeling is there on the 705cbmf.   As was said, it really just comes down to your personal preference on how you like a rod to feel in hand and act when a fish is hooked.  I think the 705cb glass does a great job of giving you all of the "give" that a glass rod is known to do. 

Once again with all this info provided, I use the graphite rods just 'cause I like the feel and haven't had a problem with losing fish or pulling hooks out.  Let me know if I can help any further.

I have to apologize, I didn't even read your post all the way to the end...  I feel the rod you ended up with will still work just find for squarebills, also great if you like to throw rattle baits with braid around grass!