bassinbrady03

February 7Th Tournament Help!!!!

Hey guys I have a tournament on Lake Wylie in SC on Feb. 7th and I am clueless of what to do. I have never fished for bass in the winter so I was wondering if you guys could help me out.

Thanks

Come on guys I know someone has to know something it doesn't even have to be lake specific.

Same as any other time of the year, but you gotta put it in front of their face. Also, it's a good idea to target the warmer areas of the lake i.e. the NW part of the lake, areas with lots of cover that holds heat like big rocks and wood, and areas with dead grass. Areas with acess to deeper water are also what you want to look for. Flats adjacent to deep water, steep tapering points, banks, and bluffs, along with docks located above deeper water all have proven to be productive for me. I'd just start with the NW corner of the lake then find areas on a map that coincide with what I previously mentioned. Good luck.

Cold Florida fish are probably way different then SC. So im probably not much help.

I would say wacky rig a Senko and try ledges next to vegitation. Pretty sure it would work still.

If the days leading upto tourny are sunny i would look for rock...especially riprap

They hold heat and fish!

I would go fish near the power plant, Warmer water is gonna be the key. Baits I would use a jig and a jerkbait. But if the water is warm enough use a shakey head.

Here's some pics for you guys to give additional info.

post-51327-0-81011600-1422671874_thumb.j

post-51327-0-00536700-1422671885_thumb.j

Here's some pics for you guys to give additional info.

Are you not gonna fish this its a club tourney?

No, I have project and paper due on that Monday, so I have to work on those all weekend. Good luck though

Thanks I looked and Im gonna focus on where the warm water comes out from the Allen steam plant all way down to the main channel.