Just bought my first boat ever today which happens to be a transom motor mount made by Seaeagle (SE8) and as well as a trolling motor for it. However I still plan on buying a little gas kicker outboard and was wondering what would be the best fit for it. Being that I have no experience with boats or motors I was looking for suggestions for a good little 2 hp outboard to accompany this awesome frame less fishing boat.

The big brands should all suit you well yamaha, mercury, evinrude/johnson, and Honda. I would either pick whatever gives you the best deal or base your decision on the mechanics near you and what they can work on. Although you shouldn't have much go wrong with a 2 hp

I've got the same boat. Really any 2HP would work. My only thing is that I used one, then went back to the trolling motor. It's much lighter and unless you're planning on running around a lot, the speed of the trolling motor will do fine. I don't fish large places anyways, nowhere that needs a gas motor at least.

I can run my SE8 with a 45lb trolling motor the same speed as my buddy with a 16ft aluminum johnboat and a 2HP motor. Another thing is that space inside the SE8 is at a premium, especially when you've got 2 people in there. Not sure what size gas tank you'll be using, but a size 27 battery fits perfectly under the back seat. It's just a much tidy-er and quieter setup. 

Oh and add to that the fact that they're MUCH more expensive (new, that is)

I've got the same boat. Really any 2HP would work. My only thing is that I used one, then went back to the trolling motor. It's much lighter and unless you're planning on running around a lot, the speed of the trolling motor will do fine. I don't fish large places anyways, nowhere that needs a gas motor at least.

I can run my SE8 with a 45lb trolling motor the same speed as my buddy with a 16ft aluminum johnboat and a 2HP motor. Another thing is that space inside the SE8 is at a premium, especially when you've got 2 people in there. Not sure what size gas tank you'll be using, but a size 27 battery fits perfectly under the back seat. It's just a much tidy-er and quieter setup. 

Oh and add to that the fact that they're MUCH more expensive (new, that is)

I wondered if it would be overkill or not. I've heard that on some of the bigger frameless models that a gas motor as certain speeds will make the middle of the boat start to fold. Luckily I just have this boat equiped with a 55lb thrust Minn Kota endura. Also on the batter note, did you buy the service center for your battery or do you just let it sit by itself underneath the stern board? Also I have been struggling to decide which battery for this boat. Looking at all of the deep cycle marine batteries. Contemplating getting two that way I can have one freshly charged for the next day, giving the first one an entire day to recharge.

I wondered if it would be overkill or not. I've heard that on some of the bigger frameless models that a gas motor as certain speeds will make the middle of the boat start to fold. Luckily I just have this boat equiped with a 55lb thrust Minn Kota endura. Also on the batter note, did you buy the service center for your battery or do you just let it sit by itself underneath the stern board? Also I have been struggling to decide which battery for this boat. Looking at all of the deep cycle marine batteries. Contemplating getting two that way I can have one freshly charged for the next day, giving the first one an entire day to recharge.

Yea a 55lb motor will push that along quite nicely. I don't use the Minn Kota box, or any other for that matter. It just sits under the stern seat, and I run the wires through the same hole the air valve sticks up through. It's pretty tidy. I bought an Everstart Size 27 Marine battery. They're at Wal-mart. They got really good reviews.You could go the route of two batteries. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea. I use a Minn Kota Endura Max 40. It's got some kind of battery saving thing in it. Whatever it is, it works. I can run all day on a 27 battery and still have juice left over when I get home. 

Also, I had some trouble figuring out how much to inflate the boat. It seemed with it inflated to the point that I could indent my finger 1/2 or so seemed a bit squishy to me. So I usually inflate it a bit more. Seems to work great. I use this air pump, it's a lot better than the little one that came with mine.

http://www.amazon.com/AIRHEAD-AHP-12HP-High-Pressure-Pump/dp/B000OF92KA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1423225380&sr=8-3&keywords=electric+air+pump+airhead

I've noticed on ours too that you really have to over-inflate it to achieve the end results described in the manual as mine seems to be on the squishy side as well. I will definitely get that pump as we were looking for a nice electric pump. Has the material been holding up on yours as advertised?

Yea it's a great pump, and the nice thing is it runs off a battery, so you can inflate it with your car, but if you're out fishing and you need to put some more air in it, run it on the shore and pump it up some more (if you brought the pump with you)

Oh yea, that stuff is TUFF. I've dropped stuff on it, dragged it across sticks, rocks, and scraped it against submerged timber. It's not like I purposely try to tear it up, but the incidents I thought would put a hole in her didn't do anything except mar the color a bit.

The one and only hole I got came from the little C-clamps that are on the ends of the Minn Kota wires. I don't have a truck so I pack all that stuff in my trunk, and it must've just been positioned right that the C-clamp end stuck a hole in it and put about a ballpoint pen head-sized hole in it. The fix was easy. I got some patch kits from an outdoor store. Cleaned the area real good. Patched it like the instructions said. Works fine now.

One cool thing I did.....

I don' t know which setup you got, but I have the Fisherman's Dream package - transom mounts, floorboards, and seats. I bought some inexpensive grey indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowes, cut it into strips, then used floor sealing DAP and adhered it to the floorboards and bench seat (not the back since all my fishing product stickers are on it). I slightly overlapped the floorboard ones so it covers up the I-beam connector. Now the entire floor is carpeted and the front seat is too. Makes it stay a lot more stable to stand on and looks a LOT better. I noticed the finish of the floorboards scraped off when you get in with gravel covered shoes, which is common where I fish since I'm getting in via shoreline. 

It's a nice little boat. I don't have a truck so this was perfect for me. Fits in my trunk. The boat is surprisingly stable too. The only drawback is that if you ever have to use the oars.....good lord almighty, it's nearly impossible. The boat only drafts about 3in of water, so rowing it is tricky since any wind at all pushes you around. My next project is making some kind of shallow water stake to use instead of the anchor. One of my primary lakes I go on never gets deeper than 8ft. So a stake anchor would be great there. I'm going to make my own. 

Yep we have the exact same boat haha. I almost bought the largest of the three but then decided against that so that I could also purchased my Revo S and upgraded Minn Kota. That is a great idea though with the carpet! I'm really curious as to whether the benches are compatible with any of the swivel mounted chairs they offer for the green frameless boats. Would love to have mine outfitted with those. So far the boat seems really cool, set it up in our living room for the first time yesterday and was impressed with how big it actually is. Glad I didn't go for the largest size considering it'll just be the girl friend and dog accompanying me. Also thinking about rigging a make shift depth finder system on there as well to really top off the performance, should be interesting. 

Thanks a lot for the feedback on these boats btw! There's plenty of reviews online but very few from bass fisherman so this was very reassuring. Will post some pictures with it as soon as the ice melts and some decent water is available to test it on.

I thought about the seats too. A couple things I considered. While you might have a truck or larger vehicle, once all my gear's in my car, I don't have much more room. However if you do go the seat route, it's cheaper to buy them from someplace other than Sea Eagle. They're a great company, but their seats are a bit pricey. Plus, you can buy removable brackets for the seats so you can take them off when you're done. I've seen the brackets about ~$40 online and the seats as low as $35 at my local Wal-Mart.

The girlfriend will probably appreciate the carpet. I know my wife did since it makes the bottom of the boat much cleaner feeling and not so much slipping around. If you get the indoor/outdoor carpet you can just hose it off after the trip. 

Not sure Preytorien if you're still following this topic but I'm curious. For wiring your trolling motor, did you just run the TM cable straight to the battery, and if so did you also have a circuit breaker attached?