Preytorien

I'd Pay Money....good Money

It's been pretty breezy here in Central IN for the past few days.....enough that my line (usually braid), easily gets wrapped around the tip of my rod. I'd pay good money right about now for the fellow who designs a rod that keeps this from happening. :)

I know, most of it is inherent from the line type + wind, but hey, it's still a wish huh?

Hasn't kept me from catching though. I seem to be doing really well this season using a black/blue chatterbait with RageTail trailer. Chocolate milk water from rain runoff causes the chatterbait to be about the only thing that has consistent success

I bought one of those rage blade chatterbaits the other day, I fished it a little with no success but those things are cool. I love the thumping vibration it makes! And if you put a beaver bait or craw on it vertically it has crazy good action, the only complaint I have is its hard to keep it down, it usually comes up to just below the surface

I think if I remember they make a guide that actually keeps from wrapping. They probably cost good money so get to paying. I also agree on the rage blade being impossible to fish with any depth. It would be a good lure if you could actually fish a specific depth. It's great I bet for weeds a foot or so below the surface. You wouldn't even have to try to stay out of them.

They make guides that are more tangle resistant, but your line still gets tangled sometimes. One option is to not use braid.

Another option is interline technology. I don't know much about it, or why it hasn't caught on in the bass fishing world, but it's interesting. I'm sure there are better write ups out there somewhere, but here's a good explanation of what it is.

http://www.allfishingbuy.com/Interline-Rods.htm