Sign in to follow this  
Drew K

Looking To Upgrade Rod

Right now I have the Abu Garcia pro max on a 6'6 Vengence MH rod. I'm looking to change rods, I want a rod that's good for jigs so I'm thinking a different MH, not sure length or brand. Any suggestions around the 150$ range?

There are a lot of great options at that price point, I would suggest looking at a site that has most brands and see which rods appeal to you in that price range and then ask about specific rods. The way your question is now will make it tough as you'll get everyone's favorite rod at that price point and it will be just like looking at a Bass Pro catalog without pictures. Tackle Warehouse has pictures and you'll be able to see what you like because at that price, most any rod you get is going to be better than what you have now.

• Like 1

Another tip is to go in to a local tackle shop, or a BPS, and just go feel up rods. Bring your reel if you can, or if you plan to buy one as well, see if they will let you feel the pair. You want to make sure you like the way it feels to you.