Sign in to follow this  
Kidflex

Props To Shimano/gloomis Cs

Just wanted to give some props to shimano/gloomis. Their warranty and customer service is still second to none in my book. They have replaced a few rods for me without question. Even on a rod I broke bending the crap out of it(shimano crucial), glx cbr that was missing over half the rod and my latest replacement was a 15+ y/o glx mbr with weibe grip with busted guides. I know the shimano warranty has gone to a one year but I wouldn't be surprised if they replace it regardless of age. I've never had to use the expiditor service, just send in with the paper and they've never even charged to ship it back (the warranty form says to send in prepaid). Just wanted to share a few positive experiences on my behalf.

X2.  I only have one experience - with a G. Loomis rod, but have the same type of story. I broke 11" off the tip of my trusty Loomis GLX BSR852 spinning rod (previous generation w/brown blank) - a combination of being snagged (with braided line), having a drifting boat, then a SNAP. Totally my fault and NO fault of the rod. The rod at the time it broke had brought in 2,226 fish so obviously no latent defect in the rod.  Explained that it was my fault to the Loomis customer service guy on the phone and also in the letter that I enclosed with the returned rod.

End result - I was $35 out-of-pocket and had a NEW, current generation, GLX 852S JWR at my door - and pretty fast too. Happy camper here - at least on that one experience.

The story of the outcome was here: RIP GLX BSR852