Sign in to follow this  
Rob96

Getting Off The Bank

Well I am officially leaving the shoreline and drifting out. Picked up a 2002 Clearwater Designs Muskoka canoe last night. It's 17' and was only in the water twice. Eventually I will pick up a trolling motor but most ofvthe lakes I fish are smaller. Picked up a couple of rod holders, safety whistle in lieu of the air horn. Hope to hitvthe water this coming Saturday.

........................................and MAKE sure you pick up a personal flotation device..................................and WEAR IT !

Also, if you haven't been in a canoe lately (or at all), take a practice cruise with just you, your PFD, and your paddle to get an idea of the handling and available stability before heading out fishing with all your gear... ;)

Have fun !!

........................................and MAKE sure you pick up a personal flotation device..................................and WEAR IT !

Also, if you haven't been in a canoe lately (or at all), take a practice cruise with just you, your PFD, and your paddle to get an idea of the handling and available stability before heading out fishing with all your gear... ;)

Have fun !!

X2 not much room for error in a canoe!

Thanks guys. I have PFD'S and previous canoe experience. When I had my previous canoe I always wore my PFD. Last week on the Delaware a mother cand daughter duo of "experienced" kayakers died. No PFD's and the rivers here have been running high and fast for the past month with all the rain we have been getting.

And don't forget to check your state regs on registration.  I know most states if a boat has a motor it needs to be registered.

Oh, and enjoy that thing and catch some fish :) 

PA requires a launch permit from Commission or DCNR controlled access points. Put a trolling or gas motor on and it has to be registered. I am registering right from the get go.