Sign in to follow this  
hardstripe

Quantum Smoke Micro Guides...?

I recently purchased and have been using a couple of quantum smoke heavy and heavy medium caster rods for the last... Oh five months or so. I absolutely love how these rods feel and perform, I've caught some very nice fish on them and feel like I can cast it all day as they are very light for such heavy action. However I noticed the other day that between the two poles, about half of the guides are separating from the rod. The finish has cracked and the eyes flex easily. One more guide actually lost an insert and snapped off a rather expensive lure to my dismay hehe. Has anyone else experiences issues like this with the smoke series?

I have the original Smoke and I haven't had any problems at all, in fact it has been an awesome stick. I think they had a 5 year warranty, I'd contact Quantum, it sounds like the wrapping isn't right or maybe a bad batch of epoxy.

• Like 1

yup my smoke casting rod has two broken guides now...Ill be moving on...Nice rods, but if they fall apart that easy Im going with something better when I replace it!