Sign in to follow this  
ksfishinguy

Bps Carbonlite Rods Paired With Chronarch Ci4+

Hey! Been lurking for awhile but I've decided to contribute by... well I guess I'm really just asking a question. 

I recently purchased a new Chronarch Ci4+. Sweet, sweet reel. Best I've owned including Curado I's and Diawa Steez Ex. You guys should check this reel out if you haven't.

But...

I wanted a new rod. I had read some good things about the BPS Carbonlite rods here on the boards. Considering the price, I thought I'd give them a try. Am I missing something or do I have a possibly defective rod? I bought a 6'6 MF and was using it for plastics. It performed okay, nothing special. But then I threw on a Rattlin Rap, and I couldn't feel a thing while reeling it in. Tried a squarebill, same thing.

Something to mention- when I got the rod, the eyes were off center. It looks like they pivot at the second largest eye (you can twist the rod back and forth, almost like it's two pieces), so I straightened everything out. I'm not used to that. Is it just broken?

I'm using 12lb Berkley XL with the rod and reel mentioned above. 

I get that it's an inexpensive rod, but I'd heard good things. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Welcome to the boards! 

I own that setup as well, and I didn't really care for the Carbonlite. It didn't feel dead to me like you're describing, but it wasn't overly sensitive either. I love how they balance but they're not exceptional for cranking. 

You'll probably find some differing opinions, but I wouldn't use that rod as an all purpose.

You should be able to feel a crankbait, lipless or otherwise, on any rod.

Put on some braid and see if you can feel anything then..

Yeah there should be no pivot in a one piece rod. Take her back to the store.