Scorchx1245

Are The Helix 5 Units Linkable?

I was looking at the Lowrance elite 4s for 300$ and saw they were able to be linked but I'm leaning towards humminbird but I don't think I can share way points off the bow vs driving seat. Anyone got some insight?

No the current Helix 5 series and upcoming Helix 7 units are not linkable with any connection.

That is why the price is low for the technologies and screen size.

They aren't however I believe you could use humminbirds pc software to download the way points and add them to the front unit (with the sd card). I'm not 100% sure if you're looking to do more than that, or even if you are able to transfer them like that, but it's worth looking into.

The helix 5 is real nice and that 7 is looking sweet. I would purchase the 5 again.

Yes you can Expot the GPS data to a memory card. Just put the card in the other unit to load the data to that other unit's memory. No computer needed.

Hmmmmm, I'd rather be able to just make a way point and link to my other one off the bow....I'm going to go inquire at bps, maybe a guy there can help me out.

Look at the Raymarine Dragonfly 4 or 5... wifi, no cables... even use your smartphone to mark a weigh point and it's saved on the units.

• Like 1