Sign in to follow this  
sprint61

Question About The Fury

Hey guys got a couple questions. I searched the forums before hand and couldn't find my answer. So say I'm used to a 7' mh vertias would a 7' heavy fury be closer to a vertias's mh power? Also for you guys who have had both and fish mainly $100 rods like me how does the two compare senstivity wise? Thanks!

Hey guys got a couple questions. I searched the forums before hand and couldn't find my answer. So say I'm used to a 7' mh vertias would a 7' heavy fury be closer to a vertias's mh power? Also for you guys who have had both and fish mainly $100 rods like me how does the two compare senstivity wise? Thanks!

The 734 would be more along the lines of a MH rod in other brands.  The rods are rated differently and the company seems to try to follow a bit more of the "standard" rating by putting "heavy" or "medium-heavy" on the rods but I feel like it never matches up and just makes things more confusing.  

I am one person who felt like the veritas weren't bad rods at all sensitivity wise.  I think the fury is a more sensitive rod myself, but the veritas isn't bad as far as sensitivity goes!  Also, I haven't fished many 100$ range rods to be honest.  Last time I tried a few were when the St. Croix Rage was just about new!  

The 734 would be more along the lines of a MH rod in other brands. The rods are rated differently and the company seems to try to follow a bit more of the "standard" rating by putting "heavy" or "medium-heavy" on the rods but I feel like it never matches up and just makes things more confusing.

I am one person who felt like the veritas weren't bad rods at all sensitivity wise. I think the fury is a more sensitive rod myself, but the veritas isn't bad as far as sensitivity goes! Also, I haven't fished many 100$ range rods to be honest. Last time I tried a few were when the St. Croix Rage was just about new!

I have 5 vertias's I like them just want to try something different.

I have 5 vertias's I like them just want to try something different.

Right on, I think you'd be happy trying one out!

Right on, I think you'd be happy trying one out!

Yea me too I just like to research before buying anything. Would you know how the powers of the two compare? Would a heavy fury be like a mh veritas ?

The slightly slower action of the Dobyns should be taken into account. My 734 Champion was not as powerful as a mh Avid or Veritas. My 735 Fury is closer.

The slightly slower action of the Dobyns should be taken into account. My 734 Champion was not as powerful as a mh Avid or Veritas. My 735 Fury is closer.

So dobyns has a slower action also ? How much slower? So is the 735 more powerful or is it a little less but close ?