Sign in to follow this  
freelancer27

Your Thoughts On Lew's Bb2 Inshore Vs Lew's Team Pro Speed Spool

Hi guys,

I wanted to get your feedback if possible on the two reels mentioned.
Lew's Team Pro Speed Spool and Lew's BB2 Inshore.  I would use the reel for 95% of Freshwater fishing, but every now and then I would also use it for some inshore fishing.
In the freshwater department I was planning to use the reel for top water and swim baits. Freshwater I would be using it for spoons and bug tail jigs.

I have no idea how bad it really is to use a fresh water reel for salter water (of course I would clean rinse it with fresh water after the use and give it some oil).  I am planning to use the reel on a Shimano Expride 7'3 extra heavy.  I would assume that the Inshore reel is sturdier and has a tougher built.

What would you recommend?

Thank you.

Best,
Seb.

BB2 Inshore is a good reel, very well made. I'd go with that, its probably not up to the same quality as the Team Lews. The whole freshwater reels being used is apparently a big deal, I'm in Illinois so I have no knowledge of that. But the extra long-term durability seems more important than a rather minor increase in quality. 

I'd go with the BB2, I use one as my back up reel for muskie (It doesn't compare with the new Revo Toro Beast :D ).

BB2 Inshore is a good reel, very well made. I'd go with that, its probably not up to the same quality as the Team Lews. The whole freshwater reels being used is apparently a big deal, I'm in Illinois so I have no knowledge of that. But the extra long-term durability seems more important than a rather minor increase in quality. 

I'd go with the BB2, I use one as my back up reel for muskie (It doesn't compare with the new Revo Toro Beast :D ).

Thank you. Makes sense what you say.

Lets see what kind of buying fever I will get on BF. ;)

• Like 1