Sign in to follow this  
ten2one

Jackson Or Perception

Getting a kayak for very small waters. I'm stuck between the jackson cruise angler 10 and the brand new pescador pro 100. Both have features I like and don't like.  Looking for any feedback of either brand. 

Upgrade the perception to the world best yak; Tarpon 100. LOL. Perception is a Tarpon without the upgrades. So, go with the best seat and weight cap.

The "new" pescador pro is a brand new boat. It is not a tarpon at this point,  but do see it also being a new tarpon.  I went with the Jackson because it has the better seat.

Unless you really want the 10' boat i would go up to a 12'.  A 12' boat will do almost everything as well as a10' and paddle any type of distances better and track much better.  That being said, I don't have experience with the pescador but i do with the cruise and it is a great boat, i think one of the best board for the money out there.

Also, what does the "Pro" designation actually mean?

The "pro" has the removable seat, yakattck gear tracks, electronics box with transducer scupper. It's their newest fishing yak. The 100 specs are 10'6" × 32" wide. It looks like a bad a$$ kayak. It's nothing like the the tarpon or old pescador. 

http://www.perceptionkayaks.com/us/products/pescador-pro-100

The "new" pescador pro is a brand new boat. It is not a tarpon at this point,  but do see it also being a new tarpon.  I went with the Jackson because it has the better seat.

Have you looked at the Feelfree Lure 10 kayak? It has even a better seat than the Jackson.

yeah if i were in the market for another yak right now, i'd be looking hard for a feelfree lure 11.5

• Like 1

Yeah but the jackson price could not be beat. I got the cruise 10 angler at an end of year sale for $700.  Retails at $995. It was the best price, best yak for what I was looking to spend. I was really just going to get an ascend fs10. 

• Like 1