Sign in to follow this  
Greenbrier Angler

Finesse Jig Rod in Elite Tech Bass

Ok guys so Fenwick is replacing a broken rod for me a 6'9 ml-f elite tech smallmouth spinning series.. I truly loved that rod. Anyways they want me to pick out a rod from their elite tech bass series and i haven't even held one. I have a few of the elite tech smallmouth spinning rods in 6'3 m-f. They said the 6'10 mlxf is the rod that replaced my rod, thing is I'm not really looking for another drop shot rod atm. So my question of the Elite tech bass rods witch would be good to get into finesse jig fishing with? I fish river smallmouth 99% of the time. jigs I'm looking at are 3/16-3/8th range then have to add trailer. (casting or spinning). Thanks for any help fellas.

I think the rod you want is going to be in the Elite tech walleye series.  6'6" ML fast

3 hours ago, Allen Der said:

I think the rod you want is going to be in the Elite tech walleye series.  6'6" ML fast

Anyone know the difference in the bass vs walleye series?

If you stay spinning get the 7' M-F, it will work but it will be heavier and have more power than the smallmouth rod you are replacing. If you don't mind putting a few dollars to it, upgrade to the Aetos 7' M-F, that is a killer rod for tubes and light finesse jigs. I wouldn't go casting rod as none of them are made for finesse tactics. The 7' Aetos is going to have a similar feel weight wise as the smallmouth rod, the blanks are crisp and responsive, the Elite Tech bass is decent but they added power to the rod so it will fish heavier than the ML you broke and the 6'10" ML-XF is the closest thing in that line. If you can afford the upgrade the Aetos spinning rod is awesome.

16 minutes ago, smalljaw67 said:

If you stay spinning get the 7' M-F, it will work but it will be heavier and have more power than the smallmouth rod you are replacing. If you don't mind putting a few dollars to it, upgrade to the Aetos 7' M-F, that is a killer rod for tubes and light finesse jigs. I wouldn't go casting rod as none of them are made for finesse tactics. The 7' Aetos is going to have a similar feel weight wise as the smallmouth rod, the blanks are crisp and responsive, the Elite Tech bass is decent but they added power to the rod so it will fish heavier than the ML you broke and the 6'10" ML-XF is the closest thing in that line. If you can afford the upgrade the Aetos spinning rod is awesome.

Thanks man I own a 6'6 mlmf Aetos casting i paired with a Daiwa alphas sv 105 for shallow cranks and poppers. I really like the aetos  I think im gonna spend the xtra money and upgrade to the Aetos. Thanks guys.