Sign in to follow this  
freelancer27

Jumping Thai frogs just arrived

Hi all,

some time ago, I posted a video of a lure that I found on youtube. The lure is the Jumping Thai Frog. Since there has been some interest in the lure, I thought I would keep you updated on my opinion.

So, I received the the lures from my Thai friend today.

I will try them out this week and weekend.

I am wondering if I should give it a try Inshore as well (strippers, etc.) what ya thinking?

Please let me know what kind of information would help you in regards to the different types.

Cheers,
Seb.

20160105_112955.jpg

• Like 1

That's kind of nuts how popular they seem to be in Thailand but nowhere else.  I got some on eBay and none of them are the same brand as the ones you show in your picture.

I had to laugh the packaging on the right that said "Ebola"!!!!

• Like 2

On 1/5/2016 at 1:41 PM, freelancer27 said:

Hi all,

some time ago, I posted a video of a lure that I found on youtube. The lure is the Jumping Thai Frog. Since there has been some interest in the lure, I thought I would keep you updated on my opinion.

I am wondering if I should give it a try Inshore as well (strippers, etc.) what ya thinking?

Please let me know what kind of information would help you in regards to the different types.

Cheers,
Seb.

20160105_112955.jpg

Did you order these from 7 Seas? Either way look forward to seeing your thoughts

8 minutes ago, evilcatfish said:

Did you order these from 7 Seas? Either way look forward to seeing your thoughts

My Thai friend bought them in Thailand and shipped them to me.

First impression from the doc (inshore) today: they do not hop and flop as shown in most vidoes. I tried them just for a couple of casts, so this is just a first opinion. I think I need to use a snap swifel with it, since tying it on directly did not do the job.

Will keep you updated.

On 1/5/2016 at 2:41 PM, freelancer27 said:

Hi all,

Cheers,
Seb.

20160105_112955.jpg

Say whaaaat.....