Sign in to follow this  
Bass XL

Booyah vs. Gambler vs. Rad

allright.....In your opinion, which company has the best chatterbait..

I prefer the Rad Lures brand because they thump the hardest but if you're going on "looks" I like the Booyah Boogie bait best.(say that 5 times real fast)

I haven't tried the Booyah's yet, but a friend of mine did and had good results -- the leverage hook was a good addition, but made it kinda hard to unhook the fish.  I have fished the Rad's quite a bit with excellend success and tried the Gambler version.  The blade on the Gambler was softer and could be tweaked easier to allow for a deeper or shallower retrieve.  Plan on spending this winter tyring my hand and making some myself and see what I come up with.  Will let you know.

Guest avid

haven't yet tried the booyah but i like the rad bettr than the gambler

the split ring in the gambler will sometmes jam the blade from vibrating

The Booyah Boogie is a good bait.  The Leverage hook rides farther back and helps on short strikes.

The Gambler bait is a good bait.  I prefer the split ring over the direct connection of the Rad Lures bait.  I can quickly change jigs on the same blade without retying.

The Rad Lures hooks are suspect and not trustable.  I have had a few with cracked hook eyes that have easily broke.  These baits can cost you a fish.

Of the three, I like the Gambler best.

Brad

I prefer the Rad Lures brand because they thump the hardest but if you're going on "looks" I like the Booyah Boogie bait best.(say that 5 times real fast)

That's what I was thinking.  Looks and quality goes to Booyah but rad lure does thump harder and if you burn it back to you, it will dart around and act very erratic.  It has the most action.  I have not tried a Gambler yet so I can't comment.

I'm not sold on the chatterbait yet because I haven't caught a fish on one.  (that I remember anyway)  My partner has caught several on a white chatterbait but I don't seem to have that luck.  Short strikes have been a problem for me.  I use a trailer now for when I use them again.

The only one I've fished is Rad Lures, so I don't really know. Usually though, the original is the best, and Rad is the original. I noticed that the Gambler has a football head. What does that do to the action of the lure?

haven't yet tried the booyah but i like the rad bettr than the gambler

the split ring in the gambler will sometmes jam the blade from vibrating

I like the split ring but it can be annoying because of what Avid said, it jams. Some of mine jam a lot and some dont at all. I havent gotten to try the Rad version a lot so I dont know how it compares in the long run. Besides having the collest name, the booyah boogie bait is very good also. The leverage hook is pretty cool and works.