Javelin Boats

I am looking at buying a Javelin bass boat w/ a Johnson 150.  I think I found a good deal on one and I am interested to hear if any of you have an experience with them.  What's good, what's bad or just what you think about them.

It's a 1999 Javelin Renegade 19 w/ 1999 Johnson 150.

Thanks,

Cfruel

If I remember correctly, Javelin boats are made by Stratos in the same factory just opposite sides. The one drawback might be the motor. OMC had problems with alot of their motors about the same time they were forced into chapter 11. They filed in 2000 if I remember correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

Javelin is produced by Stratos.  As a matter of fact, I don't think Javelin makes boats anymore but Stratos has introduced the Javelin line in their series of boats.  

Stratos makes a good boat.  I have one myself.  Granted you don't get all the bells and whistles as a Ranger, but you don't get the sticker shock either.  And in the end, you can still afford to go fishin'.

Kevin