Ggmogollon

Help with sick spinning setup

OK, so before I was going for two rods and two reels, now im thinking one amazing rod and one amazing reel. I'm thinking a Daiwa Exist on 8 lbs fluourocarbon with a st croix legend elite 2016 medium 7ft fast. This will be for tubes, weightless senkos and dock stuff, but can I drop shot with this setup? Also, Daiwa Exist, or Shimano Stella? I was thinking a stradic FK but fell in love with the exist, and on my lake its only spinning gear. All advice appreciated, thanks! 

You can drop shot with that set up but it won't be ideal. I kind of know where you are at, my spinning set ups have to be versatile because I do use a drop shot but not to the point that I need a dedicated set up for it.  That said, I had to add a second rod to really drop shot effectively, and the 7' M-F St. Croix is a little too stout in the tip section for drop shots. If you are going to use the 8lb fluorocarbon and stay within 1/4oz to 3/8oz max weight, I'd go with either the 6'10" medium, extra fast or the 7' medium light, fast. I have the Avid X in a 7' ML-F and it handles 1/4oz shaky heads, my hair jigs and micro jigs and it has a nice softer tip that is effective with drop shot fishing while being stout enough for more versatility. Good luck on your decision but in my honest opinion the medium power 7' LE is too stiff for drop shot fishing effectively.