Minn Kota Powerdrive motors

Anyone out there have any comments good or bad about these motors?I'm in the market for a new trolling motor and was leaning towards a hand controlled model (hate cables) but the powerdrive motors seemed to be worth a look.Was wondering if they are a pain to raise and lower and if the universal sonar feature is worth it.Don't know if the transducer can be repaired if needed.Any comments would be greatly appreciated.Thanks, B.D.

I have a PowerDrive 55.  In terms of raising and lowering, I haven't had any problems.  It is pretty easy.  I did like having the smaller cord instead of a big cable bundle.  

I actually chose not to get the universal sonar.  I was not only worried about service, but didn't want to have to add an external temp sensor.

I'm actually glad I didn't since I have since sold my boat but kept my motor and electronics.  I just bought an eight foot pontoon kick boat, and actually found a way to mount the bow mount powerdrive on the rear (55# motors it!).  I added the Copilot remote control steering.  It is awesome for the kickboat.  I wear the control as a watch, and it works great.  I don't carry the foot pedal at all.  If you did that, you would have ZERO cables.

Good luck.

Guest argyll

I also run a powerdrive and co-pilot without the sonar unit . Does the job, no cable to trip over and if I had to, I'd be happy to buy another one.