Optima Battery Owners BEWARE

Interesting development with Optima batteries...They DO NOT have a nation wide warranty which is implied when you purchase the battery!!! I will now forget purchasing any more Optima Batteries and start using AC-Delco again!!! OR look into Trojan Batteries!!! According to Optima Batteries Customer Service Rep the original seller is the one who warrants the battery not just any Optima Battery Dealer...So beware if you go on a fishing trip away from where you bought your Optima Battery and it fails No one but the original dealer has to warranty the battery THIS IS A LOAD OF <edited>!!!

Did you have problems with the batteries? Ive been wondering how these batteries perform.

Yes, I have three of the D31M batteries and I have one that has begun to fail. These batteries are less than one year old... I have to admit the other two that run my trolling motor are GREAT I can fish all night in a tournament and they seem to be as strong in the morning as they did at blast off. There is no noticable drop off in power. It's just this stupid warranty issue that has just come to light when I went to exchange the bad battery. I can not beleive that a $200 battery doesn't haver a nationwide warranty!!! NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY AN OPTIMA!!!

Here is the warranty info on the Optima website.

Seems somewhat nebulous.

Warranty

In the event of failure, retain your original receipt for proper issuance of credit. Claims without proper identification of purchase date will result in adjustment from the date of manufacture.

To evaluate your battery for warranty, take the battery along with your original receipt to the place of purchase for battery testing. If it isn't possible to take the battery to the original dealer, please contact the OPTIMA® Customer Service Center at 888-8OPTIMA (888-867-8462) to assist you in locating a dealer or distributor in your area.