Luna2406

Gordon Creek (branches from Chickahominy River)

Went there this morning, even though rain was forecasted for the day, I dont mind getting a little wet, the bass are wet so maybe if I'm wet they feel that connection. haha anyways, I put my kayak in at Chickahominy Riverfront park. Started off with a nice little sprinkle and it was enjoyable. Gotta say I wasn't sure bass would be so low in the Chickahominy seeing how the James river is just around the bend, but people said there were so I went on my happy way casting at everything I saw. I got there a little before low tide so I was targeting timber and the grass lines with both a square bill and a chatter bait, now and then I'd throw a weightless senko at certain targets. My first fish came from a pier and off a crank bait, just a little fella at 1.5 lbs. Continued moving up the creek with a bit more pep in my paddle knowing there were fishing in here. Not shortly after the heavenly skies opened and I was caught in some of the hardest rain I've ever seen hahaha and then of course the tide changed and I was going against the tide...again. As I made my way back to the dock it was probably the hardest paddle I've ever done. Guess I should have probably looked at the radar before heading out there, looking forward to trying Gordon Creek again, minus hurricane. 

• Like 1

Glad you did not venture out into the river or you would have encountered white caps and a heavy current.

Gordon is a good creek. Lots of kayakers use is for fun.

Next time head back into the creek and fish the grass and wood.

There have been some nice bass caught out of Gordon in the past.

• Like 2

Thanks Sam, will do. Looking forward to getting out there in better weather. 

The weather has been relentless! I use myradar app (iPhone) and its pretty good.  For kayaking especially i use it because there's a setting to show the wind currents and speeds. 

This week is looking beautiful. I'm going to my spots on the Aquia Creek (Potomac tributary) on Tuesday/Wednesday.

• Like 1