jbmaine

Possible Helix 5 SI/ GPS issue?

Hi all,

I was out fishing yesterday and had something strange happen with my Helix 5. I was anchored in 5 ft. of water when I noticed the digital display kept swapping back and forth from 5ft. to 20ft. The graph showed the bottom at 5ft. I also had fish ID on and it kept showing fish below where the bottom was. There were no fish under the boat. ( I could see the bottom). I was on a rocky bottom so I turned the sensitivity way down ( thinking it might be some kind of a double return). It made no difference. The water was calm, so there was no wave action on the boat. I turned the unit off and on but still got the same display. I have had this unit since last summer, and up into now it worked great. Once we started moving it cleared up, and worked as expected. When we went back to the boat launch it was showing the correct depth in shallow water.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be happening? I'd hate to think this thing is going bad after less than a year.

Thanks

Jim

I turned Switchfire ( and everything else I could think of) off and on, no difference.

Jim