buzzed bait

Weiss Lake, AL anybody?

Headed over to Weiss this weekend to a buddy's house.  Going to take the kayak and get out Saturday evening and Sunday morning.  Just wondering if anybody has any up to date info on the bass fishing?  Can't find much of any reports online, but I'm guessing plastics, jigs, squarebills and spinnerbaits should get it done?

Thanks for anything you've got!

What part of the lake?

Most bigger ones will be moving more to deeper water if they havent already with temps getting to 90 here. Some can be found around docks and skinny water year round though. Tons of underwater and bank "junk" if thats your style. Topwater is beginning to come on too. Coworker caught his best fish early on whopper plopper last weekend in tourny at neely henry (lake below weiss dam)  

Being in a kayak no real need to tell you to watch your maps and depth finder like a hawk. You can be in trouble quick on it with as many stumps, timber and flats are prevelant on it. Many a foot are sank in the lake. 

7 minutes ago, junyer357 said:

What part of the lake?

Most bigger ones will be moving more to deeper water if they havent already with temps getting to 90 here. Some can be found around docks and skinny water year round though. Tons of underwater and bank "junk" if thats your style. Topwater is beginning to come on too. Coworker caught his best fish early on whopper plopper last weekend in tourny at neely henry (lake below weiss dam)  

Being in a kayak no real need to tell you to watch your maps and depth finder like a hawk. You can be in trouble quick on it with as many stumps, timber and flats are prevelant on it. Many a foot are sank in the lake. 

thank you sir!  i'll be on the cedar bluff side, not too far from the big furnace thing on the lake.  i know deep is a relative term, especially there because i've never found much deeper than 15-20 feet around this guy's house.  i had the topwater in mind too, either a buzzbait, popper or walker whichever one gets it done i suppose!

a buddy sent me 2 pics this morning of a 3# spot and a 4# largemouth both in his first 10 minutes on the water, both on the whopper plopper.... may have to invest in one of those units!

Yea. I have a pair of ploppers coming to me now. 

I was catching some pretty well on other end of lake around spring and e mile creeks on a bubblegum or watermelon senko a few weeks ago throwing into brush and blowdowns. 

Ive fished that area a lil bit, but not much. Began trying to learn more last summer. Future inlaws have a camper not far from there. Good stripe fishing in june as alot of them move way up the chatooga river there for the cooler water. 

To get over 15-20' you basicly have to get on main channel of the coosa. I was told at one time average depth of whole lake was only 4.5' deep. 

11 minutes ago, junyer357 said:

Yea. I have a pair of ploppers coming to me now. 

I was catching some pretty well on other end of lake around spring and e mile creeks on a bubblegum or watermelon senko a few weeks ago throwing into brush and blowdowns. 

Ive fished that area a lil bit, but not much. Began trying to learn more last summer. Future inlaws have a camper not far from there. Good stripe fishing in june as alot of them move way up the chatooga river there for the cooler water. 

To get over 15-20' you basicly have to get on main channel of the coosa. I was told at one time average depth of whole lake was only 4.5' deep. 

i believe that on the average depth, no doubt.  i've been doing well on a senko around here too, i'll have that rigged up ready to roll!  Thanks man, hopefully i can fool a few in to biting!