Let me just start off like I normally do when I post about rods or reels by saying that I only use spinning gear. That being said, I broke my rod that I use on my moving baits setup. Moving baits being lipless and squarebill cranks, spinnerbaits, and chatterbaits. I fish very grassy ponds, so I don't like glass or moderate action, and because I fish multi blade spinnerbaits and chatterbaits, I prefer and MH. Just a preference. Anyway, I ran to Academy to pick up a new rod. I've said this in previous posts, I prefer not buying from Academy and shopping at my local tack stores, but both of the stores I have near my house open at 10am and I was in a rush to go fishing lol. I'm currently in the process of getting a custom rod made for moving baits, so I didn't want to spend too much money on a rig. As I looked around I saw the Lew's American Hero spinning rod. I picked up a 7' MH-F. For the price I feel like this can't be beat. I also grabbed a 200 series American Hero spinning reel. Not the best by any means, but 25 bucks for a 6.2:1 spinning reel can't be beat. I will say that the rod is a little bit on the heavier side of medium/heavy, but not as much as say an Abu Garcia because I've used those before and they are definitely an action up from what they say. All in all, if you're looking for a good spinning combo under 100 bucks, I would definitely recommend the Lew's American Hero Combo.

• Like 1