Vaughn Hetzel

White River LAke, what a disappointment

Because I live in an area where there is no fishing, I wanted to get out into Texas where the real bass fishing gets done. I do t have a boat so I called around about 6 different lakes and all had the same report.  All bank fishing was limited and fish were slow. Well at least until I call Wbite River Lake, n ear Lubbock. The gentleman said the fishing was great and lots of access to bank fishing. So I called the boss and told him I was taking Friday off, packed the tent and cooler and drove my Happy behind 7 hours out the White lake. Go there at 5 am and set up site, got a map of the lake, and off fishing I went. I started at the shore line by the campsite. Water was extremely shallow and I'm sure the fish were already post spawn. Threw ever lure and soft bait I had and couldn't get a bite. I then decided to go check out the d**n, deeper water, and was told that no bank fishing. I then asked to local game warden where there were more spots, he told me there were hardly any. I was stuck at a tiny shoi e by the. A piste where there no fish!  Miserable 3 day , only because the gentlemen that ran the marina lied to be to drum up business.  Big learning experience  for me!!