Sign in to follow this  
bass raider

Thinking about trying a dobyns

Hey guys. Been seriously looking at trying a dobyns fury. Specifically the 765. Most reviews I've read have been good but some have said they just feel dead in the hand. So I was hoping some of yall could help shed some light on the fury series. Also if you could compare it to any the rods i list that would be really helpful. Some of the rods I've used are: powell endurance and inferno, Daiwa tatula, duckett micro magic and micro magic pro, irod gen 2 and fiber, halo daylight and the $99 skeet reese rod. Can anyone compare the fury to any of those? Thanks.

I'd recommend it, they've got a good line of affordable rods in the Fury series. It's especially nice that they have included a cranking rod and a swimbait rod in that line. You'll also find it convenient that when you choose to get a new rod, you can upgrade to the savvy (I'd go straight for the champion though) for S&H and the cost difference. They make their rods light and balanced, the fury isn't as light as the savvy, but that's about the only difference. I own several of their higher end rods, and I still use my savvys for reaction baits and topwaters. 

I only own one, Fury 734c. I use it primarily for soft plastics weighted. I wouldn't hesitate buying another when I have a need for another specific rod. Great value and no complaints here. 

i like my fury.  BUT if you like your tatula you already have (i love mine), maybe check out the sale they're running on sportsmansoutfitters right now, $109 for the original Tatulas.  i like dobyns rods, but i'd take the Tatula over the Fury at that price every day.

• Like 1

I have the champion 703 and it feels pretty dead to me I've been thinking about trying a st croix for my next one 

On 6/9/2016 at 11:05 AM, buzzed bait said:

i like my fury.  BUT if you like your tatula you already have (i love mine), maybe check out the sale they're running on sportsmansoutfitters right now, $109 for the original Tatulas.  i like dobyns rods, but i'd take the Tatula over the Fury at that price every day.

Lol. We're pretty much giving the exact advice every Fury post. But seriously getting a Tatula for the same cost of the Fury is a no brainer.

• Like 1

if i were you ild stop thinking about it and buy one already.  there is a reason everyone seems to like them

• Like 1

nicely said fishballer

11 hours ago, fishballer06 said:

One does not "try" a Dobyns, one "converts" to Dobyns...

yup^