jtipton91

Good buy on tires or no?

Looking around on Craigslist and came upon a seemingly good deal. Set of bf goodrich ko2 all terrain tires for my truck. 275/60/20 he wanted 100$ for the set and I got him at 80$ now. I get that they are definitely not brand new but looks like I could get about 15000 miles out of them. Lemme know what ya guys think.

IMG_00581.jpg

IMG_30611.jpg

Used tires like that at a tire shop around here would be $25-35 per tire and that includes mounting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gardnerjigman said:

Used tires like that at a tire shop around here would be $25-35 per tire and that includes mounting. 

Not that swell of a deal then?

It's your money buddy. I mean, you are are getting a set for half half-full what 1 tire cost you. 

I would probably buy them and run them until October or November then replace with a new set. 

Hard to tell tread depth in picture but they are definately worn. Your call but would be nice to know for sure that they all hold air. Small crack in the sidewall that you can't see is not repairable

29 minutes ago, riverbasser said:

Hard to tell tread depth in picture but they are definately worn. Your call but would be nice to know for sure that they all hold air. Small crack in the sidewall that you can't see is not repairable

right. I took that chance on the set I have now (cooper at3) and have ran them for 6 months or so. cost me 100$ for the set. probably have a year left in them. I would just be buying these bf Goodrich's to have until the current tires wear out. there almost comes a time though that the cost of mounting a used set of tires (would cost 100$ to mount all 4) almost outweighs the benefit of buying used....decisions decisions...