Sign in to follow this  
jbmaine

KVD swim'n caffeine shad experience

hi all,

I've been using these a while now, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on them.

I picked up a pack of these in 4" KVD magic color and paired it with Owner twist lock 3/0  1/16 oz. hooks.

It was easy to get the hook in straight and lip the point in so it was weedless .

First impressions in the water- it moved well and tracked straight. the paddle tail gives it good action. It went thru weeds and over rocks with out getting hung up.

Catching fish--  Yes it does, quite well.  I don't know if it's the size, shape, action, or the coffee scent ( or all of the above) but it catches fish. As a matter of fact every fish I've caught this year has been on them, and we are having a great year.

Comparison-- We've fished four bodies of water so far this year and it's caught fish in all of them. I fished a stretch of water with a shadow rap and came up empty, went back over it with this bait and got three fish.

Presentation--  Fast, slow, deep, shallow, on the drop-- all catch fish. I've caught LM, SM, and pickerel on them.

Durability-- About 4-5 fish per bait.

Hookup-- So far, all have been solid, in the top or side of the jaw.

I first bought a pack of these because of the coffee scent ( I'm a firm believer in coffee scented baits, but that's another story). But for me anyway, they work so well, I've just ordered a bunch more of them.

Thanks for looking

Jim

I fish the regular ones Caffeine shad and Bass smoke these things all year. I go out with a few guys and its all the throw. I like to switch it up, but when i do, the other guys keep catching and my bite turns down..

These baits are off the hook, like you said they are completely snag proof, and you can cover a ton of water. I disagree on their durability tho. I can catch 1-2 bass on them before they're done.

cheers

I also like them alot. Picked them up at first just because that color kvd magic caught my eye. I caught a lot of fish in April using it as a trailer on a chatterbait. They seem to be very durable as well. Thanks for the review

I use the smaller ones for swim jig trailers they,give the jig the crankbait wooble .Work really well.