juicebass

Fishing Spares Vegitation

Was fishing spares vegitation the other day, it mostly consisted of pads. I found most of the bass were near the bank and some could be found scattered around.

I fished the KVD caffeine shad and it did VERY well. You can cast it out and work a lot of area. U can swim it, jerk it, and let it fall still like a senko. I also fished a spinnerbait and a frog, spinnerbait- caught a few, and the frog was good at points but a lot of missed hooksets. Here's what I'm getting at:

I really wanted to pitch a jig or creature plastic. I tied one on but didn't stick it out too long.. The caffeine shad worked so well it was hard not to throw it.. I found pitching I couldn't cover as much water with it, so I stuck with the shad to give me long casts and cover much more area.

How do you guys approach a large sparse area of vegitation? What is the best technique to locate bass?!

thanks

It sounds like you found the fish, and what they were biting. Pitching you just need to keep moving and dropping it into as many holes as fast as you can, that isn't a "cover lots of area" technique, more of a "meticulously drop it in every hole and pick the location apart" kind of deal.  Unless you're wanting to try to learn a new technique stick with what's working and never leave fish to find fish!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blckshirt98 said:

It sounds like you found the fish, and what they were biting. Pitching you just need to keep moving and dropping it into as many holes as fast as you can, that isn't a "cover lots of area" technique, more of a "meticulously drop it in every hole and pick the location apart" kind of deal.  Unless you're wanting to try to learn a new technique stick with what's working and never leave fish to find fish!

ya good point!!

The fish told you what they wanted and how they wanted it! That's what we all hope for every time we make a cast. I don't understand why you would even think about changing everything up. Wait till they're done chasing then try to fire them up again with a totally different presentation.

Just my opinion 

Mike