Sign in to follow this  
AndrewJ

Tough Day

Saturday was definitely a tough day out on the water.  Went with a buddy of mine and my wife in his 18' Tracker.  Winds were howling at about 20 mph which made for some tough water out on Shasta lake.  My friend and I caught a grand total of 3 bass together ( our last time out we landed 70+) on the day while my wife decided to catch 5 bass and also land her PB which was in the range of 3 lbs.  I guess the all in all the trip turned out OK since my wife found some success.  

Jamie's PB.jpg

I went out Sunday in my kayak. Here in Maine we had 20 plus winds. Was quite the adventure. It gets frustrating at times, but at the end of the day, got to spend some time on the water fishing and even caught some fish. Win win!

• Like 1

Yea, I cannot imagine being in rough water like that in a kayak.  I'm still not a big fan of fishing in the wind.  Well at least not in that high of winds, made casting and staying in contact with my bait a lot harder.  I'm not exactly sure why the bass had lock jaw on Saturday, but i know it has made me want to go out again just to do better.  

I have gotten used to it. I definitely got frustrated at times. Got a little wet. Not bad. Had extra jacket and a towel to cover my lap. I basically just used good casting lures (rat l trap, frog, spinner and chatterbait). For all the work, the bite was not what I thought it would be with the wind and water motion. Nothing of any size was feeding. 

nice going man!  hurts the pride a little to get out-fished by the wife, but it happens to the best of us!  that's a dandy looking spot she's holding!

Yea just makes me need to get back out there and out fish her ;).  I usually put up better numbers hut she seems to catch the better fish... Cant be upset, she not only allowed me to buy my bass boat but wanted the boat as well. And thanks on the compliment of the bass, we have some nice spots out here.