Sign in to follow this  
lussardi9614

Need Help! IS This Broke BPS Reel Disk Brake

Hello All,

I am in need of help I had the Spool removed from my BPS Bait-casting Reel (ETX20HB) and my daughter pulled it off the desk Its a older reel and does not have the normal brake system like my other reels. I haven't had this reel apart in a while and don't ever remember this disk coming off. Also it seem like maybe it was held on with like a RTV type glue. i could be 100% wrong, Is this part of the Brakes? Is it suppose to come apart, if not how should i go about fixing it. I've uploaded pictures to better explain what i'm talking about.2r3jt38.jpg5nt4ew.jpgfyiulf.jpg2jfwt3n.jpgslk192.jpg2v3r8l0.jpg

IMG]

It was probably glued on in the first place, so I would just glue it back on. Should be fine.

That was my thought also but wasn't really sure since it popped off so easy. Is the disk part of the centrifugal brakes? The black piece on the spool that it was attached to seems to move up and down

It looks like it's a piece of metal for the magnets to act on for the magnetic braking. Usually the magnets act on the spool, but that seems to be done a bit differently. I expect someone had a cunning plan in the design department. :)