Sign in to follow this  
webertime

Who has been a Marshall in a FLW/BASS event?

I'm set up to be a final day Marshall for the FLW event on Champlain in 2 weeks.  Anyone here been a Marshall and have some stories to tell?

I have a friend that marshaled last year when the BASS Elites were here on the Chesapeake Bay.  His first day was rather boring. The "really well known angler" he drew went to one grass bed and fished all day without hardly catching or explaining anything to him.  Day two he was paired with a little lesser known angler who told him everything he was going to do and why.  That day was great. He enjoyed the conversation, was able to pick his mind a little and really enjoyed the day. His day two angler also had a tough first day but learned something at the end of day one that propelled him to a very good day two. When his day two angler caught his 5th fish he turned around and asked him if he knew what that fish looked like?  Confused he said "a largemouth bass?"  He said "No  a day three invitation and a paycheck!!  That was something his day one angler never earned that weekend!  Hey really enjoy your experience, my friend ultimately did. The most important lesson he learned that week was that the "PRO's" had a little better equipment than he did, had the same basic baits that we weekend warriors have, but mostly they fish with a greater level of confidence and better accuracy.  That accuracy comes from spending every minute with a rod in their hand.  He said that he was amazed how many casts per minute some of them make,  

• Like 1