Sign in to follow this  
Fishin' Fool

Double Keitech rig

Okay so I'm familiar with the effectiveness of the donkey rig or double fluke rig. I was curious if anyone has ever tried a double Keitech swimbait rig. If one Keitech is good it would make sense that two would be better ;) . Any thoughts?

This may very well work but I don't think the boot tail is ideal for how this rig is fished. I've always used boot tail baits with a slower presentation so the tail does its lifelike shimmy. This is only my opinion though couldn't hurt to try

• Like 1

Well ive only used the rig a time or two and when I watched it worked it was done with very quick twitches which made the flukes swim back and forth across each other on every twitch. Maybe there are other methods I don't know of

I don't think it would work well if rigged like the donkey rig but it does work well with something like a Cool Baits Lake Rake, I think Yum has something similar to it.

Since you'd fish these with a steady retrieve, it seems like you'd need something to keep them apart to get the best action.

38 minutes ago, jtharris3 said:

Since you'd fish these with a steady retrieve, it seems like you'd need something to keep them apart to get the best action.

Yah you keep them apart with a barrel swivel about 18" above the bottom bait. Another barrel swivel is placed on the line and freely floats above the 2nd swivel.

Yum Double Up Rig

imgres.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishin' Fool said:

Yah you keep them apart with a barrel swivel about 18" above the bottom bait. Another barrel swivel is placed on the line and freely floats above the 2nd swivel.

I think without something like the YUM Double Up, the back bait would fall in line with the front bait on a steady retrieve & tangle up.

TUM Double Up.jpg

• Like 2