I have a spinning version and like it, very smooth. Lew's generally puts out good products so I would assume while not being as good as more expensive models that it would still be a solid reel with no issues.

I have 3 of them and they are great reels for the money. I've fished them over 2 years without issue. You can find them on sale around 50 bones and it's the next reel for that price I've found

I have a couple bb1 pro reels and the carbon fire are not as nice but still very good. For the money I an very impressed 

11 hours ago, jitterbug127 said:

I have 3 of them and they are great reels for the money. I've fished them over 2 years without issue. You can find them on sale around 50 bones.

Lol! I can get 4 of these reels, because I have 206 bones in my body. In all seriousness though, they seem like great reels, but I caught the Cabela's Arachnid on sale.

For that price, I hear way more people saying to get a H2O mettle than I do people saying to get a carbon fire. 

I have a H20 Mettle and its has held unreal.Really smooth and strong.But i use alot of Lews products also ,either one will get the job done with out breaking the bank.

• Like 1

I purchased one today for $49 on sale at Dick's. I got a 6'10" Lews rod for cheap cheap that goes with their carbon blue combo with it bc someone had jacked the reel off of the combo  to go with it. 

After spooling it up and throwing in the back yard, it's the smoothest reel I've ever owned (which doesn't say much). I'm very impressed with it compared to others in that price range that I've purchased.