Damn Yankee

swim jig

Put a pearl rage tail menace verticle on that bad boy and hold on

• Like 3

That or a RageTail Grub in smoke blue. Awesome combo, especially in the late summer and fall.

For all you veteran swim jiggers, is white your go-to?  My jigging experience started at the bottom and is working it's way up - I'm having a hard time getting away from green pumpkin variations... i know it's a confidence thing.  Ott DeFoe was tearing them up on a white swim jig at Texoma.

7 minutes ago, flyingmonkie said:

For all you veteran swim jiggers, is white your go-to?  My jigging experience started at the bottom and is working it's way up - I'm having a hard time getting away from green pumpkin variations... i know it's a confidence thing.  Ott DeFoe was tearing them up on a white swim jig at Texoma.

Not for me and not for most of the waters I have fished. Generally bluegill, a much more natural silver/flake bait fish color, and some variation of green pumpkin (For example GP/Blue or GP/Candy). White is good on some of the lakes I fish but it isn't a "go to" or even a top 3 for me most of the time.

• Like 1

When the shad are spawning on rock bottom but grass is nearby I throw a hack attack sexy shad color just for a bigger bite than a spinnerbait but once the bream get to spawning i like the bluegill color patterns

• Like 1

I generally fish a bluegill pattern, as well. However, I have been trying a sexy shad colored swim jig lately. The confidence level with the bluegill is high, which makes it tough to get away from.

• Like 1

I throw white, black/blue, and a green pumpking/bluegill color. If I could only choose one, I'm taking white

• Like 1

I slayed them today on a green pumpkin with yellow on the bottom of the skirt, and a green Rage Menace hooked vertically.  Killer bluegill imitator. 

Now that I have confidence with swimming, I guess I'll give white a shot. :)

• Like 1