1simplemann

Weedless jig heads

I'm looking for a specific type of jig head that I saw. Don't know who makes them but I can describe them. Standard jighead w/ a single plastic weedguard. it's kinda long and goes past the hook. On the hook, behind the barb is a pc of tubing. the weedguard is inserted into  the tubing. Weed guard collapses when you set the hook. Who makes them? Can't find them on the web. thanks in advance

Not quite. How well do these work? I've seen these before. Never tried them. They would keep me from buying more jigheads. I want make  my tube jigs and swimbaits weedless.  Picture one fiber molded into the head. It comes out past the barb. There's a keeper made of some type of tubing right behind the barb. The fiber is inserted into the tubing.  i've seen them several times. In fact i just saw them on Bassmaster.  I just don't know who makes them..   Right now though i need to finish my coffee and get on the water. i'll check back in later. Tight Lines

14 minutes ago, Cheesefrank said:

M pack jigs ?

image.jpeg

Great Jig. The swim jig is awesome as well.

Chompers makes a stand up weedless head with a longish plastic weedguard that I have used and like quite well. 

On 7/4/2016 at 3:55 PM, Cheesefrank said:

M pack jigs ?

image.jpeg

Bingo! Do they make just the jig head? Want to use something like that for tubes and swimbaits. . I was looking for a weedguard that will stay in place but be very flexible.

• Like 1

They do make a swimbait head I found out. No  regular jig heads or tube bait heads. I wonder if they hold the patent on this design.