JandJoutdoors

Best spinning rod for under $150

Hey guys I recently got my first job and I have earned about $150 so, far I'm looking for a good senko, fluke, dropshot, and walleye slip bobber trolling rod please drop any suggestions below (right now I'm leaning toward a st croix mojo bass)

Take a good look at that rod, even the new onse are pretty big in diameter.  Kinda like a Veritas from Abu Garcia.  Take a look at a Powell Inferno. There is the Inferno 702, that rod is 7 ft and is a power 2 meaning Medium Lite Extra fast (1/8 to 3/8) and there is another rod an Inferno 6103. This rod is 6FT 10 inches and is a 3 power rod meaning it is rated  as Medium, extra fast 1/8 to  1/2.  I am not sure what rod would do well with the walleye slip bobber trolling.  Since this rod is a bit heavier it may do all of it well. Any of these Inferno rods cost $100.

I thoroughly enjoy the new mojo rod. Drastic improvement over the last mojo installment. I think it's a great choice. Go hold it a bit and make sure you like the feel.

dobyns fury 702.  itll make a great eye rod along with everything else you mentioned and it comes in at $109

I'll add another Mojo Bass.  I use my wife's spinning rod more often than I use my own because I like her Mojo Bass so much.  I am looking to replace my rod soon and was going to go something high end to match my Stradic Ci4 but I really am having a tough time justifying the extra dollars when I know her rod is so nice.  

Another Mojo Bass,I have the new 6'10" MLXF and it's a very nice rod.

I have a St. Croix Mojo Bass M 7ft spinning rod and I absolutely love it. Ive caught from 6lb rainbows and 5lb smallmouth to a 15lb northern. I would HIGHLY recommend this rod for an all purpose spinning rod. 8lb line for throwing 1/4 oz spoons and jigheads with grubs to 20lb braid with a flouro leader for dropshotting, senkos, and fluke. Exactly what youre looking for. Not to mention ive had the rod for almost 2 years and its with me every trip. 

• Like 1

I really like my Fenwick HMG, really nice rod and it comes with a lifetime warranty...the best part is it only cost $99 so you could get that and pair it with a Pflueger President reel for your $150 price tag and have a great set up IMO.

• Like 1

I have a St. Croix Mojo Bass and a Fenwick HMX spinning rod in my quiver, and I prefer the Mojo Bass.

Tight lines,

Bob