Sign in to follow this  
jasondaily

Recommendation

I did some research awhile back about what kind of rod and reel to choose. I stumble across a site that let you select the type of reel you want, the type of lure you were going to use basically it let you choose quite a bit and at the end it would recommend a rod and reel setup. I cant seem to find this site anymore and was wondering if anyone might know of it. 

I am not sure about a site that does this but lets fill in some blanks

What type of fish do you want to catch?  Do you fish from a boat, kayak, or shore?  Do you fish rivers, lakes, ponds or tidal water?  Are you looking for a spinning rod or baitcaster?  What type of lures do you want to throw? And do you own any tackle now that would work for catching these fish?

Lastly what is your budget for a rod and what is your budget for a reel?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fishnkamp said:

I am not sure about a site that does this but lets fill in some blanks

What type of fish do you want to catch?  Do you fish from a boat, kayak, or shore?  Do you fish rivers, lakes, ponds or tidal water?  Are you looking for a spinning rod or baitcaster?  What type of lures do you want to throw? And do you own any tackle now that would work for catching these fish?

Lastly what is your budget for a rod and what is your budget for a reel?

X2.

Hey, we all have ideas about what works.  Surely our experiences would be as accurate as an impersonal computer program.  One probably written to support employers, sponsors or specific companies.  Ask away.  The only problem is you won't receive ONE recommendation.  You will receive many.  Quite a few might even work for you.  :D