Zeeter

Broken G. Loomis Rod

On Saturday I broke my 12 year old G. Loomis IMX rod. I was coming forward with a cast and it just snapped at the 3rd eye. It did feel a bit heavy for a few casts before that, as I was only casting a 3/8 spinner. The medium rod should have easily been able to handle that, but it felt like I had 3/4 oz on there. Anyway, it snapped and there I was using St. Croix for the rest of the day (the struggle is real!).

Anyway, knowing that the warranty was well out of date I was shopping for maybe an Avid or Mojo today as a replacement because I didn't want to spend another $300 for a new IMX when I just bought one a few weeks ago. Yet I learned from G. Loomis that they have an Xpedite program. I tell them the rod, they send me a brand new rod for $100, I send back my old, broken rod in the same package, and I'm all set.

So basically, I replaced a 12 year old, broken G. Loomis IMX rod with a brand new G. Loomis IMX rod for $100. Not bad. I think St. Croix's warranty is a little better, but this is still a pretty good deal.