Sign in to follow this  
Tommy Pugh

Heritage Marquesa

I am brand new to the kayak world but am looking to soon buy one. I stumbled across a Heritage Marquesa for sale. It is 400 dollars and comes with the paddles and life jacket. I would like to know if that is a good deal and is it a safe, stable, and good kayak for a beginner. I have never put a kayak in the water before. I typically fish small lakes and the river. I am 6 ft tall and 250 lbs. So, I am a big dude. My mode of transportation is a 2007 hyundai elantra. So, I would have to strap this one. Thanks for any and all information that you can give me. I appreciate it. 

http://www.wildernessadv.com/showitem.php?item_id=223&subcat_id=13

Thanks again, Tommy

if it is the same Heritage i think it is, that is an old boat.  Heritage was bought out by native probably 4-5 years ago.

That being said, something doesn't seem right to me.  A SOT boat that is 14' long and it weighs 65lbs isn't that common.  Also, molded in seats stink and you will be upgrading later on.  Personally i would keep an eye out for sued kayaks because with the new models being released in a few months there are always guys who want to unload their boats to get the new thing.  Also keep in mind when thinking of cost that you will need to get a PFD and paddle.

I just notice that this boat is in a store in the shsnandoah valley...head out to Farmville and go to Appomattox River Company.  They have every boat imaginable and their prices are great.  You won't be disappointed.

• Like 1

Thank you. Between your reply and just thinking and reading about it I think that I saw enough to not get it. I just don't think it is the right one for me size wise and with the seat. That would be another 100 bucks and for that i can get a new kayak. I think i found the one I want. I have it on hold if i don't talk myself out of it between now and tomorrow. I think you are right that something doesn't seem right with it. Thanks for your reply.